Riding racehorses is what young Jonjo Jr. always wanted to do, having graduated from the ever-influential pony racing circuit. “I had never thought about anything else. Mum (Jacqui) and Dad were pushing me away from it because they know how hard it is, but it just made me feel more determined.”
It’s easy to say that Jonjo Jr. has racing in his blood with Jonjo O’Neill as his father, but despite the pressure of the O’Neill name on his shoulders, Jonjo Jr. is cementing his place as one of the best young jockeys around. Often referred to as “the rising star of the weighing room” the 24 year old has a unique insight into the racing action and you can catch him fresh from the Aintree or Cheltenham track in The Green Room.
- Turned professional in 2016
- As of April 2020, Jonjo Jr. has 162 race wins
- Champion Conditional jockey 2019-20
- 2021 Midlands Grand National winner
- Found in The Green Room at Cheltenham & Aintree